George Frideric Handel
George Frideric Handel (23 February 1685 – 14 April 1759) was a German-British Baroque composer, famous for his operas, oratorios, and concertos. Handel was born in Germany in the same year as Johann Sebastian Bach and Domenico Scarlatti. He received critical musical training in Italy before settling in London and becoming a naturalised British subject. His works include Messiah, Water Music, and Music for the Royal Fireworks. He was strongly influenced by the great composers of the Italian Baroque and the middle-German polyphonic choral tradition. Handel’s music was well-known to such later composers as Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven.
- Quick list-style bio from Kids Music Corner. Ideal for any age.
- Printable biography. Great for elementary and middle school.
- This is a six-page paper written about Handel’s life and career. Probably better for high school.
You can get free notebooking pages here, when you sign up for a free account with my referral link. Once you get your account set up (very quick) you’ll see the Biography Template Notebooking pages, as well as under Free Art/Music you will see Free Music Notebooking Pages and Free Song Notebooking Pages.
- A Handel Guide from Tafelmusik: This resource specializes in assignments for students in grades 6 and up. Geared toward a school setting, but certainly adaptable for the homeschool setting.
- Making Music Fun has writing assignment and activity suggestions specifically for homeschool families. Click here.
We have a nice selection of free music for you. Some is downloadable, some is streaming music. Amazon Prime Music selections are available for free listening for Amazon Prime members! Affiliate links may be used. Learn more about Amazon Prime Music here.
Classic Cat has a large collection of links to free downloads. In order to download music from this site:
- 1. click on the title of the piece you want
- 2. then click the orange download button to the right of that piece
- 3. It will take you to a download page, which may be at another site. Typically you will right-click on the title you want, choose Save As, and then save it to your computer.
We have selected a variety of videos for you to enjoy that we believe are valuable and offer a good range of styles and information about this person and their work. Occasionally the videos we choose malfunction or become unavailable. If you see a video that is not working, please click here to contact us (a new window will open) and let us know what page you are on and what wasn’t working. Thank you.
Enjoy two hours of beautiful music by Handel. Perfect for playing in the background while your children create art, do chores, or eat lunch.