Welcome to one of the projects in our series 8 Awesome Handprint Art Projects to do With Your Kids! To learn more about the project and see a complete list of methods, materials and projects, click here to start at the beginning. (new tab will open for you) Affiliate links have been used.
7. Birds or chickens
Supplies you will need:
- Colored paper and paper with patterns if you choose to do the matted look and mount them for impact. (See photos.)
- Glue sticks for mounting
- Small paint brushes: I recommend this brand of brushes. They do not fall apart like cheaper brushes do, they hold up to frequent use and proper cleaning as well.
- Foam flat brushes
- Colored acrylic paints: This is the same set I have in my own home. You get a nice variety of colors at a good price. Plus, the box this set comes in is sturdy, so you can continue to use it for storage.
- Black sharpie or nice thin pens for detailing
You will need white paint and/or any color you’d like to make the birds and a black fine pen.
- Using your fingertips in different sizes, make birds or chickens by first making dots with them on the paper and letting them dry.
- Once they are dry, go back in with the pen and draw legs, feathers on heads, faces and beaks. So cute!
- Complete your artwork by mounting it onto a background page that peeks out around the edges to form a frame and give it a matted look. Use glue stick on the back of your artwork to affix it to the background page.
All posts in this series: